Cooking time10 min
Total time50 min
400g Caster Sugar
4 tbsp Golden Syrup
1½tsp cider vinegar
5 drops red food colouring (optional)
1. Put the apples in a large bowl and cover with boiling water to wash.
2. Dry thoroughly and remove any stalks.
3. Push the lollipop stick into the stalk of each apple and set aside.Lightly grease a few baking trays.
4. Put the sugar into a pan along with 100ml water and gently dissolve.
5. Stir in the golden syrup and vinegar (and optional food colouring).
6. Increase the heat and boil until the mixture reaches a toffee stage (140c).
7. Carefully dip the apples, one by one, into the hot toffee sauce swirling to coat the
8. Place on the baking tray to set.
10. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes
11. Eat and enjoy!
Can be made up to 2 days in advance, stored in a dry place.