Serves14 - 16
Cooking time12 min
Total time22 min
100g butter or margarine
85g Ragus demerara sugar
75g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Baking sheets, lined with baking parchment
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
2.Cream the butter/margarine and Ragus demerara sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
3. Add the flour, bicarb and muesli, and mix lightly till just combined.
4. Place dessert spoonfuls of mixture onto the lined baking sheets. Space well apart to leave room for spreading.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on the trays – they will be very soft when they first come out of the oven.
6. Once the cookies have firmed up slightly, transfer to a cooling rack until cold.